But if you don't think the Republicans can bring the U.S. to its knees, you should read this, practically a to-do list for the current Nazi, er, Republican party:
14 Signs of Facism*
- Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism
- Disdain for the importance of human rights
- Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause
- The supremacy of the military/avid militarism
- Rampant sexism
- A controlled mass media
- Obsession with national security
- Religion and ruling elite tied together
- Power of corporations protected
- Power of labor suppressed or eliminated
- Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts
- Obsession with crime and punishment
- Rampant cronyism and corruption
- Fraudulent elections
I was shocked and dismayed at McCain's choice. Instead of picking a mainstream American woman, he plucked her from the far right fringes of the Christian coalition. It sickens me to see the uninformed populace fawning over Palin with Paris Hilton fervor. How dimwitted we must appear to the rest of the world. (And yeah, it matters.)
If you can be fooled into thinking she gives a damn about you or this country, well then she DOES represent you: the compulsive liar, anti-freedom, anti-American, pro-old Testament, isolationist lunatic demographic, that is.
If you're NOT fooled:
- GET ANGRY. McCain/Palin think we are still the numb and stupid voters from the Bush era. This op-ed piece Pissed About Palin is a damn good summary.
- VOICE YOUR OPINION. Make yourself heard above the retarded masses and media.
- KNOW THE ISSUES THAT MATTER. Ask the hard questions as if your life depends on it... because it does.
- ACT. Educate and motivate others to see the real faces on this ticket from hell.
- VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE. Do you really want a freak show running the country?